What is The Russell Group?
Russell Group universities are committed to the highest levels of academic excellence in both teaching and research. Their universities are to be found in all four nations and in every major city of the UK.
- The Russell Group represents 24 leading UK universities, which are committed to maintaining the very best research, an outstanding teaching and learning experience and unrivalled links with business and the public sector.
- Russell Group universities are recognised as world-leaders. Eleven Russell Group universities feature in the Times Higher top 100 world universities, nine feature in the top 100 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities, and 18 in the QS World University Rankings’ Top 100.
- Students can choose from a wide range of internationally renowned courses – from medical, biological and physical sciences to business, social sciences and the humanities.
- Over three quarters of first-degree entrants at Russell Group universities are from state schools and colleges. Around 1 in 5 of first-degree entrants are from lower socio-economic groups.
- Russell Group graduates are highly sought after by employers, with 11 of the top 30 universities in the world, as ranked by employers, in the Russell Group. Research by the Department for Business Innovation and Skills has identified that male graduates of Russell Group universities earn 16% more, and female Russell Group graduates 9% more, over their lifetime on average than graduates from other universities.
For further information visit: russellgroup.ac.uk