In Year Applications and Appeals
Registering your child for an In Year Application
Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College is significantly oversubscribed in all year groups with a high demand for places.
If you would like to make an In Year Application, please click on the button below. We will acknowledge receipt within 15 school days of the published school calendar. Parents have a right to appeal against the refusal of a place.
- An application can be made for a place for a child at any time outside the admission round and the child will be admitted where there are available places. An application should be made to the school by completing the in-year admissions application form by click on the link below or print the form and returning to Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College via post Urban Road, Altrincham, WA158HT.
- Where there are places available but more applications than places, the published oversubscription criteria, as set out in the admission arrangements for 2024, will be applied. Parents are advised to read the admission arrangements carefully before making their application.
- If there are no places available, the child will be added to the waiting list. Please see the admission arrangements for more details.
- You will be advised of the outcome of your application in writing as soon as possible. Applicants must be informed of the outcome of their application within 15 school-days of receipt, but the aim is to notify applicants of the outcome of their application within 10 school days of receipt.
- You have the right to appeal to an independent appeal panel if your application is unsuccessful.
- If you have any questions in relation to in-year admissions, please contact email@example.com.
- You may also wish to discuss in-year applications with the local authority Trafford Local Authority
year 7 2024
Appeals for Year 7 September 2024 intake
Where there is no place available at Blessed Thomas Holford, the Local Authority will write and advise you of the allocation of another school and can inform you of the availability of places at other schools.
You have the right to ask to go on a waiting list for Blessed Thomas Holford and you also have the right to appeal against admission decisions for admittance to Blessed Thomas Holford in Year 7, September 2024 intake.
The decisions of an independent appeals panel are binding on the admission authority and the parents/carers.
Timetable for Admission Appeals for September 2024
Deadline for lodging an appeal for Year 7 is Friday 29th March 2024
Please submit any evidence for Appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th April 2024.
Appeals will be held from 1st – 3rd May 2024 (appointments will be arranged and sent via the Admissions Officer after the closing date).
Appealing against an Admission Decision for In Year Applications
If you have been unsuccessful in gaining a place through an In Year Application, you have the right to Appeal against a decision not to offer your child a place. Please click on the link below to register your Appeal. You will receive at least 10 school days notice of your Appeal hearing.
We will ensure that decision letters are sent out within 5 school days of the hearing wherever possible