Blessed Thomas Holford College currently has no vacancies.
Information for Applicants
Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College is an extremely popular over-subscribed school and continues to be a first choice for parents. Our school has been judged by Ofsted as an Outstanding school since 2007. Our latest Ofsted Inspection was in 2013.
We are proud of our school’s achievements and have been recognised by the Minister of State for School Standards, as being in the top 5% of schools nationally in terms of the progress pupils make between key stage 2 and the end of key stage 4, using the Progress 8 measure.
Blessed Thomas Holford is an exceptional school with a proud list of achievements:
- We are very proud of our Sixth Form students who in 2016 achieved an overall pass rate of 99% with almost a third of grades at A*/A
- Our Sixth Form is rated as Outstanding and we have a university entrance rate which is exceptional. In 2016, 98% of our students entered university to study for a degree at places such as Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle, Nottingham – please see the ‘BTH pupils top of the class again‘ article.
- Our 2016 GCSE results are outstanding and place us at the top of the league tables in Trafford – please see the ‘BTH pupils top of the class again‘ article.
- In June 2013, Ofsted report judged the school to be outstanding in every area for the third time. We are one of a select group of schools to have been judged by Ofsted as outstanding in every area of school life since 2007.
- Major innovations such as Family Dining, The Edge, Ready to Read, our Classics provision, the 100% classroom, information events for parents and good extra-curricular provision provide our pupils with exceptional educational experiences
Our success involves the application of the following:
- a relentless pursuit of excellent classroom teaching
- ensuring that every child is known through a strong, caring pastoral system
- having high expectations of everything we do
- And insisting on exemplary behaviour and personal standards.
Our aim in the next two years is that we reach the landmark of 100% pass rate in all areas. The school’s expertise is in great demand and we are proud that the neighbouring schools we have supported have seen a significant rise in their results too.
Our academic results and standards have ensured the school has been highly popular with parents for a number of years and the school is significantly oversubscribed every year. There is a waiting list for places.
Above all we expect a great deal of hard work from our pupils and know everything derives from this one important quality. From the moment a pupil enters our school we want them to feel a sense of achievement and belonging as this is very important to their future success and well-being as learners and as people.
Please look at our website, I hope you will get a flavour of the ambitious, forward looking, successful and happy family that is Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College.
More importantly, I hope it inspires you to want to join us.
J Cornally MBE
National Leader of Education