Welcome to our Outstanding school
Inspiring People – Changing Lives
On behalf of the Headteacher, Mr J Cornally MBE, and the senior students in Blessed Thomas Holford we would like to welcome you to our school website. We are very proud to be part of the wonderful family of Blessed Thomas Holford, our highly successful school.
When visitors come to our school they regularly comment on three things – our distinctive Catholic ethos, how forward thinking we are and how well we focus on the really important aspects of our pupils’ education. For further details on our academic standards please see article huge congratulations to our students on their 2017 examination success.
Our school motto is Inspiring People Changing Lives. We place a high priority on developing the values and beliefs to make our pupils into good people as well as providing them with the qualifications to enter the best universities in the country and move on to influential careers. We are very proud of our Sixth Form students who in 2017 achieved an overall pass rate of 99% with almost half the grades at A*/B
Our Sixth Form is rated as Outstanding and we have a university entrance rate which is exceptional. In 2016, 98% of our students entered university to study for a degree at places such as Manchester, Leeds, St Andrew’s, Liverpool, Nottingham – please see the article huge congratulations to our students on their 2017 examination success.
- Our 2017 GCSE results are excellent with 88% achieving a pass grade in English and 79% in Mathematics – results which are well above the average
- Our June 2013 Ofsted report judged the school to be outstanding in every area for the third time. We are one of a select group of schools to have been judged by Ofsted as outstanding in every area of school life on three occasions
- Major innovations such as our Teaching School status, Family Dining, The Edge, Ready to Read, our additional languages such as Latin and Italian, the 100% classroom, family events for parents and good extra-curricular provision provide our pupils with exceptional educational experiences
Our success is based on ensuring every child is known, high expectations of everything we do and a relentless focus on outstanding teaching. Not surprisingly, our academic results and standards have ensured the school is extremely popular with parents and the school is significantly oversubscribed every year with a high demand for places.
We strive every day to meet the challenge of our motto Inspiring People Changing Lives. As you look through this website I hope you will get a flavour of the ambitious, forward thinking, successful and happy family that is Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College.
J Cornally MBE
National Leader in Education
Senior Head Boy Michael Chinnery Head Boy Kyle Smith
Senior Head Girl Chloe Rose Head Girl Erin Lawlor
Senior Deputy Head Girl Madeline Taylor Deputy Head Girl Emily Woolf
Senior Deputy Head Girl Millie Wood Deputy Head Boy Oliver Foulkes
Senior Deputy Head Boy Kyle Ford
What we do
- Nurture the Catholic faith
- Achieve outstanding academic results
- Instil in each pupil the values of ambition, diligence and integrity
How we do it
- High expectations of everything we do
- Excellent teaching
- Exemplary behaviour and personal standards
- Focus on numeracy and literacy
- Ensuring every child is known