When visitors come to our school they regularly comment on three things – our distinctive Catholic ethos, how forward looking we are and how well we focus on the really important aspects of our pupils’ education.
Our school motto is Inspiring People Changing Lives and we place a high priority on developing the values and beliefs to make our pupils into good people as well as providing them with qualifications to enter the best universities in the country and on to influential careers.
- We are very proud of our Sixth Form students in 2015 who achieved an overall pass rate of 99% with over half achieving A*-B grades
- Our Sixth Form is rated as Outstanding and is now placed in the top 10% of Sixth Forms in the country. Our university entrance rate is exceptional.
- In 2015 98% of our students entered university to study for a degree at places such as London School of Economics, Newcastle, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool
- Our GCSE results are outstanding with results that place us at the top of the high schools in Trafford for the fourth year running and are among the best in the country
- Our June 2013 Ofsted report judged the school to be outstanding in every area for the second time. We are one of a select group of schools to have been judged by Ofsted as outstanding in every area of school life twice in succession
- Major innovations such as Family Dining, The Edge, Ready to Read, our Classics provision, our Growth Mindset Programme, the 100% classroom and huge extra-curricular provision which provide our pupils with exceptional educational experiences
Our success is based on ensuring every child is known, high expectations of everything we do and a relentless focus on outstanding teaching. Not surprisingly, our academic results and standards have ensured the school is extremely popular with parents and the school is significantly oversubscribed every year with a waiting list for places.
We have very high expectations of all our students and provide considerable guidance and support to ensure they get the best education and enter the top universities in the country. We strive every day to meet the challenge of our motto Inspiring People Changing Lives
Above all we expect a great deal of hard work from
our pupils and know everything derives from this one important quality. From the moment a pupil enters our school we want them to feel a sense of achievement and belonging as this is very important to their future success and well-being as learners and as people.
As you look through this website I hope you will get a flavour of the ambitious, forward looking, successful and happy community that is Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College.
National Leader in Education