Welcome to our Outstanding school
Inspiring People – Changing Lives
When visitors come to our school they regularly comment on three things – our distinctive Catholic ethos, how forward thinking we are and how well we focus on the really important aspects of our pupils’ education. For further details of our focus on academic standards please see the ‘BTH pupils top of the class again’ article.
Our school motto is Inspiring People Changing Lives. We place a high priority on developing the values and beliefs to make our pupils into good people as well as providing them with the qualifications to enter the best universities in the country and move on to influential careers.
- We are very proud of our Sixth Form students who in 2016 achieved an overall pass rate of 99% with almost a third of grades at A*/A
- Our Sixth Form is rated as Outstanding and we have a university entrance rate which is exceptional. In 2016, 98% of our students entered university to study for a degree at places such as Manchester, Leeds, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Newcastle, Nottingham – please see the ‘BTH pupils top of the class again’ article.
- Our 2016 GCSE results are outstanding and place us at the top of the league tables in Trafford – please see the ‘BTH pupils top of the class again’ article.
- Our June 2013 Ofsted report judged the school to be outstanding in every area for the third time. We are one of a select group of schools to have been judged by Ofsted as outstanding in every area of school life on three occasions
- Major innovations such as Family Dining, The Edge, Ready to Read, our Classics provision, the 100% classroom, information events for parents and good extra-curricular provision provide our pupils with exceptional educational experiences
Our success is based on ensuring every child is known, high expectations of everything we do and a relentless focus on outstanding teaching. Not surprisingly, our academic results and standards have ensured the school is extremely popular with parents and the school is significantly oversubscribed every year with a high demand for places.
We strive every day to meet the challenge of our motto Inspiring People Changing Lives. As you look through this website I hope you will get a flavour of the ambitious, forward thinking, successful and happy family that is Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College.
J Cornally MBE
National Leader in Education
What we do
- Nurture the Catholic faith
- Achieve outstanding academic results
- Instil in each pupil the values of ambition, diligence and integrity
How we do it
- High expectations of everything we do
- Excellent teaching
- Exemplary behaviour and personal standards
- Focus on numeracy and literacy
- Ensuring every child is known