Admissions Policy - September 2021
For Admissions to Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College in September 2021
The Admissions Policy is agreed by the Pupil Welfare Committee and approved by the full governing body. Any changes take place after consultation with the Diocese of Shrewsbury, Trafford Local Authority and parents, and within the consultation timescale. Any parent who wishes to appeal against an admissions decision has the right to have their case heard by an independent appeals committee.
The published admission number for September 2021 is 250.
In administering the Admissions Policy the Governors will have due regard for the Catholic ethos of the College. Proof of baptism is essential for Catholic applicants. Copies of Baptism certificates should be submitted up to and including 30th November 2020.
In line with our family ethos consideration will be given to children of staff at Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College who have two years continuous service at the time of application and have been recruited to fill a post for which there is a national shortage of applicants.
Pupils will be admitted according to the following priority order:-
- Baptised Catholic children designated as ‘looked after’ or ‘previously looked after’
- Baptised Catholic children attending a Catholic primary school in Trafford as follows. The schools are grouped according to distance from the school.
- St Vincent’s Catholic Primary School
- St Hugh’s Catholic Primary School
- St Margaret Ward Catholic Primary School
- St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School
- Holy Family Catholic Primary School
- All Saints Catholic Primary School
- English Martyrs Catholic Primary School
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Primary School
- St Monica’s R.C. Primary School
- St Hugh of Lincoln Catholic Primary School
- St Ann’s RC Primary School
- Our Lady of the Rosary RC Primary School
- St Teresa’s RC Primary School
- St Alphonsus RC Primary School
- Baptised catholic children with a brother or sister at the College at the time of application
- Baptised Catholic children attending non Catholic primary schools in Trafford
- Baptised Catholic children attending other Catholic primary schools
- Other ‘looked after’ children
- Other children
- These criteria will be applied in the same way to all pupils in the event of over subscription.
- All applications will be considered at the same time and after the closing date for admissions.
- If there are more applicants than can be accommodated at the School in criteria 1 to 6 places will be offered to those children attending the closest Primary School in Trafford in the Shrewsbury Diocese and then whose place of residence is nearest to the School. Distance will be measured in a direct straight line from the primary school to the main entrance of the school and then the front door of the child’s permanent place of residence to the main entrance of the school, using property co-ordinates provided through a combination of the Trafford Local Land and Property Gazetteer (BS7666) and Royal Mail Postal Address Information. In the case of a child living in a block of flats the distance will be measured from the communal entrance of the building.
- In the case of parents who are separated and where child-care arrangements are shared between two addresses in the catchment area, the average of the distances of the two addresses from the school will be used for the purposes of determining priority for admission. You may be required to provide proof of residency. Failure to do so may result in the offer of a place being
Please apply for a place at Blessed Thomas Holford through your local authority. The closing date for Trafford secondary school applications is 31st October 2020. A supplementary application form for Blessed Thomas Holford is not required but please note that proof of baptism is essential for Catholic applicants. Copies of Baptism certificates should be submitted directly to the school via email only, to the Admissions Officer firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th November 2020.