Year 12 and 13 Info for Starting Sixth Form
Dear Year 12 and 13 parents,
It’s almost time to welcome your child back to start Year 12/13! We are so looking forward to them again and hitting the ground running as they embark on one of the most exciting and life changing years they will every experience!!!
A few reminders to start term in the best way possible:
- Year 12 and 13 students are required to come in for a Lateral Flow Test on Tuesday 7th Sept – Year 12 between 12 and 1pm and Year 13 between 1 and 2pm. These are new tests which is why everyone is asked to come in for this as it’s different from the ones we have been doing before the summer. It’ll take 15 minutes and casual dress is fine.
- Start of Term for Year 12 and 13 is Wednesday 8th September – back to formal Sixth Form dress – please see below
- Every day is returning to full timetables – starting each day at 8.55am for daily registration and continuing until 4pm, including all independent study time. Students have been asked to ensure they have plenty of work to occupy their time wisely from Wednesday
- Dress code – please re-familiarise yourself with this and ensure your child adheres to it to avoid any unnecessary and negative conversations which none of us want.
Blessed Thomas Holford Sixth Form recognise that part of Sixth Form life is preparing students for the world of work, so smart appearance is paramount for all students in our Sixth Form. As such we expect all our students to follow the Dress Code Policy.
- Black, Grey or Navy suit with the option of pinstripe including:
- Single breasted jacket
- Full length trousers fitted to the waist
- Tailored skirt which is no shorter than just above the knee
- A shirt or smart top of any subtle colour
- A tie f any subtle colour and or pattern (required for male students)
- Flesh-cloured, black or dark navy tights with skirts – patterned or fashion tights are not permitted
- Dark shoes or dark ankle boots with trousers – no trainers or walking boots such as UGG boots are permitted. For health and safety reasons we ask that heels are no higher than 3 inches.
- Dark cat – no denim, ‘hoodies’ or jackets with large logos are permitted
- Discreet jewellery including one pair of earrings – excessive jewellery and any other visible piercings are not permitted
- Discreet use of makeup and appropriate hairstyles and colour are expected
- No visible tattoos are permitted
We cannot wait to welcome your child formally into the Sixth Form next Wednesday 8th September and embark on the next stage of their journey with us.
Mrs Catherine Connaughton
Head of Sixth Form