Key Stage 3 (Year 7 and 8)
When pupils start at the school they are taught a broad and balanced curriculum covering all the main subjects. There is a big focus on ensuring that Literacy and Numeracy skills form a part of every lesson and are developed by all teachers.
The Key Stage 3 Curriculum is a two year programme, pupils in Year 7 and 8 take the following courses:
- Year 7 pupils have 27.5 hours of curriculum time per week
- Year 8 have 25 hours of curriculum time per week
- English includes one hour of Literacy per week in Year 7
- ‘Ready to Read’ programme is 2.5 hours per week in Year 7
- Creative Technologies includes Electronics, Food Technology, Resistant Materials and Product Design and Music in Year 7
GCSE courses begin in Year 9 and last for three years.